Thursday, September 8, 2011

Zornia Latifolia (Maconha Brava)

Zornia is a fairly new plant on the alternative substances market. It is a really easy to grow flower. The literature behind it is pretty much non-existant with the exception of the use in Mexican indian culture and tradition. It is often called food of the gods or wild weed. Throughout the internet it is said that Zornia was used by the mexican indians as a substitute for cannabis. I am going to disagree because I think it wasn't used as a substitute at all but instead as a true entheogen.

I received 10 grams of Zornia Latifolia grown locally. It was very stemmy! Was a bit upset at the actual amount of stems so I just said "f#%k it" and threw it all into a coffee grinder. A few seconds later I had a fluff of Zornia

It smells great and so I took a small amount and placed it into a pipe... lit it. The smoke is not bad at all! It is actually one of the few things that doesn't make me cough. It has nearly no taste. Not bitter, not sweet... Now for the good part.

The effects take about 10 minutes to kick in. It starts out like a kind of cannabis high... but slightly different. Then it just takes off! I smoked around 100mg of dried & chopped Zornia and I was absolutely STONED for nearly 5 hours. I fell asleep still feeling the effects.

The effects are weird. It is so similar to cannabis, but different. It almost feels like a mix of cannaboids with a slight MAOI effect??? No nausea. Slight tension in the head but I felt that was almost a healing thing as I have had a shit year. It almost felt like the substance was digging into me and making my physical illnesses "relax". So I kind of want to say that the substance didn't make my head tense but just brought to awareness the tension that was already there. The difference was that I could think clearly and easily! Some cannaboids just make me stupid while stoned... in the sense that I will just sit and stare not thinking at all. This was very introspective.

Hallucinations were not huge. But I don't hallucinate easily. It was there though. It seemed more like the eyes couldn't focus... like they were jittery. I also took a look in the mirror and wow! I have NEVER seen my eyes so blood shot and red. I actually got worried that I blew a blood vessel because you hardly could see no white. But the worry receded the next morning when they were back to normal.

After effects is a slight headache. Not 100% sure if this was the Zornia or just something else. I've seen other reports of a head ache though... which makes me think about Zornia having MAOI properties even more.

Anyways, who else has experienced this??? I would have to say that this would make an amazing base for sythetic cannaboids! Even though they wouldn't be needed honestly. I would also be interested to hear if others have used Zornia in changa (DMT & herb) and if the effects of the DMT when smoked are potentiated and extended. If the Zornia does have MAOI effects, then it should? Plus the Zornia seems to kick in fully right at the time a DMT adventure is coming back to reality... so an afterglow of DMT with the Zornia comeup might be quite amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment